Kai Ian Hendry
- Linux or more specifically Archlinux
History with computers
In chronological order:
- ZX Spectrum (Games)
- Commodore 64 (Logo, BASIC)
- Apple II (some really boring accountancy software for my parents business)
- IBM XT + Game Blaster(Sierra games and MS-DOS)
- Amiga 600&1200 (Mainly for games)
- 286 AT(More games and later versions of DOS and Norton)
- 286/386 (Mainly games)
- 486 with a modem (BBS!!)
- A better 486 (Win3.1 and Mosaic!)
- P90 (No telephone, so mainly games and word processing for school under Win95)
- K6-2 300 + Voodoo2 (Quake)
- K6-2 450 (Overclocking, getting into Linux)
- AMD 1800+ (Ah, Debian)
- IBM Thinkpad and a couple of Debian boxen on the net I ssh to.
- OMG, I am using Apple hardware...
- No, actually I still prefer Thinkpads. I have a couple of ARM based devices now though I develop on.
- Android G1
- Linux i7 workstation
- Lenovo Thinkpad X201
- Lenovo Thinkpad X220
- Iphone 4S
- Lots of servers
- Lenovo X1C3 with keys that pop off... not buying Thinkpads again!
- Lenovo T460s, and I do use a MBP with FCPX to edit videos!
- Thinkpad T480s
- T14 Gen 3
Tools I use configured with a bunch of dotfiles
Yes I am an Unix dork. :)
- irssi - a chat client
- vim - a bloated editor
- dwm - window manager
- chromium - browsing the Web at speed
- The glorious black terminal with st and tmux
- bash - a shell with bashisms
The console is like a sharp
knife, very effective, but not very user friendly. I do make efforts to
work on Web applications for the rest of the
world to interface with computers.
Games I know
I do not have time for games now. However, I used to be 'ok' at:
- PUBG on my iPhone
- Quakeworld - more specifically the Team Fortress MOD
- Quake2/Quake3/Quakelive too in fact any First Person Shooter!
- Starcraft/Warcraft 3 - Probably the best Real Time Strategy (RTS) game
- I also love BRE and VGAP (old BBS door games), but I have not played those games in YEARS.
- Scrabble/Backgammon/Chess/Risk (board games)
I usually play under the alias draq, dadraqsta or just hendry online.